The week ahead is National Breastfeeding Awareness Week.
If breastfeeding isn’t something that interests you, you might find the week a little overwhelming. I apologise for that in advance. Don’t worry, next week will be here before you know it.
Here are links to a few articles I’ve written about breastfeeding in the past:
- For the Love of Breasts
- Lactation Cookies â€“ Biscuits that improve your breast milk supply
- It Would Have Been Nice to Know – A few things that would have been useful to know before starting breastfeeding.
- Five Great Things About Breast Milk – Five little known facts about breastfeeding.
- Mother’s Milk Tea
- Comebacks for Breastfeeding Comments – Things you could say if people criticize you for breastfeeding.
- Nursing in Public – A look at whether we even need to call it ‘nursing in public’ or if it’s just nursing.
- Nursing in Public Outrage, and why it matters
- Breastfeeding in Public: Through Daddy’s Eyes – dad’s take on nursing in public
- Rebirthing: For Emotional Healing after a Traumatic Birth and Reintroducing Breastfeeding
- Breast Milk Production – how is breast milk made?
- What is Breastfeeding Let-Down and How Does It Work
- Misleading, Inaccurate Headlines Harm Babies Too – a rebuttal of the ludicrous media reports in January with regards to breastfeeding
- Co-Sleeping and Breastfeeding – the benefits of the two together
- Do Breastfed Babies/Toddlers neet to brush their teeth?
- Attachment Parenting in Nature – pictures of breastfeeding and baby wearing in nature
- Breastfeeding and Race: A take on the dire state of breastfeeding in South Africa.
- Lactivistm, Breast Feeding, Bottle Feeding, Formula And Mothers At War – a look at the war on mothers in the form of the ‘mummy wars’.
- Confessions of an Extended Breastfeeder – where I realise that 20 months of nursing my baby makes me an ‘extended breastfeeder’.
- The Problem with Principles – Why I boycott Nestle.
Giveaways relating to breastfeeding this week, are:
- Monday: Mamascarf Breastfeeding Cover – for those mothers who choose to cover up
- Tuesday: BabyBeads Breastfeeding Necklace And Bracelet Giveaway – a reminder bracelet for the early days of breastfeeding and a necklace to keep baby’s hands free later.
- Wednesday: 2x Theraline Nursing and Maternity Pillows – for physical support during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Thursday: Lactivist.net T-shirt and Shopping Bag – wear your breastfeeding colours with pride
- Friday:Â Bras4Mums Â£30 Voucher – to spend in their online store on any of the beautiful lingerie
- Saturday: Nursing Bra from Emma-Jane – a bra that stretches as your cupsize grows.
Other great NBAW bloggers and carnivals to check out:
- Lactivist.Net â€“ plenty of giveaways and breastfeeding information
- If you have something you’d like me to add here, please leave a comment below, or email me.
- Whatever you do, please sign the petition to reunite Habiba and Alma.