Lazy Sunday Buckwheat Pancake (Flapjack/Crumpet) Recipe
- 250g (1 cup) buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp date puree (or sugar of your choice)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 2 Tbsp melted butter or margarine
- Optional: blackberries or other berries, cinnamon or other spices
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium heat.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Add date puree or sugar and stir. Add egg, milk and butter or margarine, beating well after each addition.
- Place tablespoons of batter around the pan - normally five or six pancakes at a time.
- Cook 1 to 1½ minutes, turning when edges look cooked and bubbles begin to break on the surface.
- Continue to cook 1 to 1½ minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with honey, butter or on it's own. For a luxurious breakfast, have with cream and jam.
Be aware that blackberries in this are fantastic, but when you bite into them, they 'burst' and can make a bit of a mess. They also stay hot a bit longer. Gluten Free, Sugar Free