As we become more and more established in spring, it’s time to look at some lighter meals. This salad is fantastic. I thought it would be good, but I did not expect it to be this good.
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 slices bacon, trimmed of fat and cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup good quality whole egg mayonnaise (like Thomay)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
FOR THE SALAD
- 2 eggs
- 50 g pine nuts
- 150 g baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- Cook the bacon in a non stick pan over a high heat for about 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Place the bacon, mayonnaise and water in a food processor and process until the bacon is finely chopped.
FOR THE SALAD.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 7 minutes.
- Rinse the eggs under cold water, peel and cut into wedges.
- In the pan you used to cook the bacon, cook the pinenuts over a medium/high heat for 1-2 minutes until toasted- beware they burn easily.
- Place the spinach on a serving plate, scatter with the pine nuts and egg wedges.
- Drizzle with the dressing.
If you decide to make these, take a photograph and email me at diaryofafirstchild at gmail dot com and I will add it here. Alternatively leave a link to where you’ve uploaded it!