As the season for BBQ’s and outdoor dining comes around once more, I thought I’d share these fantastic skewers with you. I vaguely recall that the original recipe was for four large skewers on a bed of couscous, but I adapted them years ago to be party food, and have done them this way ever since.
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2.00 slices bread, cubedÂ (thick sliced bread)
- 220 g prosciutto, cut into lengths
- 680 g lamb, lean and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 sage leaves (or use dried sage as a seasoning in cooking)
- 2ml salt
- 2ml black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil until almost smoking.
- Add the bread cubes and fry lightly on all sides.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Thread toothpicks with bread cubes, prosciutto, lamb and sage leaves until all ingredients are used up.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and place on a broiling pan.
- Broil in the oven or grill 15 minutes or until all ingredients are crisp.
Want to be featured here?
If you decide to make these, take a photograph and email me at diaryofafirstchild at gmail dot com and I will add it here. Alternatively leave a link to where you’ve uploaded it!