We’ve taken a bit of a break from baking, since our labour cake and having a baby and all that, but we’re back, and we’ve got plenty of catching up to do as our Dora The Explorer Little Cooks Collection mags are up to issue 7 already! None the less, here’s the recipe as we did it for issue 2’s very tasty Butterfly Biscuits.
I love savoury biscuits, and I love cheese so this recipe really appeals to me – but it does use a lot of cheese.
The basic ingredients are:
- 25g soft butter
- 50g self-raising flour
- 100g cheddar cheese
We also added:
- cayenne pepper
Preheat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
As Ameli would say…. wash your hands before you start!
1. Put the butter and flour into a large bowl. Rub together with your fingertips until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs (this wasn’t that successful with a two year old. We just mixed it up.)
2. Grate the cheese and add into your bowl.
3. Mix everything together with your hands until it turns into a soft dough – great fun for a two year old!
4. Roll out the dough (with your new rolling pin) until it’s about as thick as a pound coin.
5. Use your butterfly cutter to make six shapes, then lay them out on a baking tray. Pop it in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes until they’re a lovely golden brown.
Allow to cool, and enjoy!
Little Cooks Collection – Butterfly Cheese Biscuits Recipe
This looks yummy can’t wait to try it! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us 🙂
Must say I sneaked into the kitchen and had a piece….really tasty and a lovely shape!!