A totally different set of competitions for you today, more focussed on green living than parenting, but a bit of family fun in the mix! We all know that printing uses paper and ink and that neither is ‘carbon neutral’. They do and probably always will have an environmental impact, but there are things we can do to reduce our impact.
HP has partnered with a new film opening nationwide on 27th July 2012 – “Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax” – an adaptation of Dr. Seuss’ environmentally themed book.
According to the blurb, “This is an extension of HP’s longstanding commitment to sustainability, environmentally friendly products and worldwide environmental leadership. In support of the movie sponsorship, HP encourages consumers to recognise that “Every Inkling Makes a Difference” and promotes making eco-conscious choices when printing. Each time you make a conscious effort to help the environment, that’s an inkling. And when you print like the Lorax by choosing HP printing products – designed with the environment in mind – you’ll take a step towards making our planet a cleaner and greener place. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!”
HP present three ways to make your printing more environmentally friendly:
- Recycle your print cartridges – Used HP print cartridges can be recycled into new Original HP Ink and Toner cartridges through the Planet Partners Programme
- Use sustainable paper – Working with the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®) and World Wildlife Fund (WWF), HP supports advancing responsible forestry.
- Choose your printer wisely – HP printers are designed with the environment in mind, look for models that are ENERGY STAR® qualified and made from post-consumer materials
And, of course,
- Print Smartly – Print in draft when you can, and use both sides of pages. If you have wasted pages, use them as drawing paper or craft paper for children.
- Save Energy – turn your printer off when not in use
Over the past 7 years, HP has produced
over 1 billion Original HP Inkjet cartridges made with recycled content through
the “closed-loop” recycling process and the HP Planet Partners Program. Learn how
you can help create the next billion by visiting www.hp.com/uk/recycle/supplies
Win an HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One printer complete with Original HP Supplies
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This competition is being tun alongside The Coming Corner