I have to admit right off the bat that I have not tried these yet, but since it is National Breastfeeding Week and I adore breastfeeding, I thought I’d see how I could combine a foody post with breastfeeding. What better excuse for eating biscuits though – with these you can really say ‘but it’s for the baby’ and mean it! (I’ve borrowed this recipe from Yummy Mummy Cookies and adapted it slightly)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups wholewheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips / caramel chips
- 2-4 tablespoons brewer’s yeast
1. Preheat oven to 350Â°.
2. Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
3. Beat butter and sugar well.
4. Add eggs and mix well.
5. Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
6. Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
7. Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
8. Stir in oats and chips.
9. Scoop onto baking sheet.
10. Bake for 12 minutes.
11. Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.
Some people seem to swear by lactation cookies, so if you have trouble, it may just be worth a try.
With all the extra breastmilk you should now have, you could try one of the multitude of breastmilk recipes available readily on the internet. If you’re brave, you could even drink it yourself – I know my own breastmilk dabbed on my mouth ulcer has removed the ulcer overnight!
- 1 cup breastmilk
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 banana
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (optional)
1. Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth and serve.
Have you ever made anything with breastmilk? Would you? And what have you tried to increase your milk supply? Share your links or ideas below!
Just Have to Share – Lactation Biscuits & Breastmilk Smoothie
I am putting together an e-book for breastfeeding mothers to aid in increasing their breastmilk quality/ quantity, could I use your recipe in the e-book?
Thank you for your time.
@Jill Meyer, Sure, please do. The original wasn’t my recipe, but there are so many versions available on line, I’m sure it’s no problem! Do let us have a link to your ebook when you’re done, please! Luschka
You’ve got to link this up at my Vegetarian Foodie Fridays carnival. It’s on now! This is awesome!
.-= MelodieÂ´s last blog ..Vegetarian Foodie Fridays: Cauliflower Marranca =-.
If only I had time for baking! Perhaps you can send me some?
.-= VicÂ´s last blog ..The Longest Day =-.