We have two lovely products to give away to one reader today. The First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy, and the First Aid Beauty Smooth Shave Cream.
Coming up for winter my lips crack and my mouth hurts, and while I’m not a great fan ofÂ Vaseline based lip balms because they tend to dry me out more than help, long term. As a result, I’ve really enjoyed using the FAB (First Aid Beauty) Ultra Repair Lip Therapy.
According to the blurb, the Lip Therapy is ideal for all skin types, and has been allergy-tested and fragrance free, and has some great ingredients:
- Colloidal Oatmeal which helps to soothe and condition the skin
- Shea Butter which moisturises and helps to protect the skin
- Glycerin which does the same
- Dimethicone which softens the skin
- And Antioxidant Boosters, licorice root, feverfew and white tea.
The First Aid Beauty Smooth Shave Cream is an interesting concept, because it doesn’t foam, which worried me a little as it sounded like an invitation for a bumpy and red rash. I was surprised to findÂ it didn’t and suspect the ingredients might play a soothing role in it.
The ingredients in this one are:
- Glycerin to moisturise andÂ help to protect the skin
- Tea Tree Oil to help heal and soothe the skin
- Bisabolol (the primary constituent of theÂ essential oilÂ fromÂ German chamomileÂ (Matricaria recutita) andÂ Myoporum crassifolium, recently found to cause cell death or reduction inÂ leukaemia)Â provides anti-inflammatory action and soothes the skin
- Infused with powerful Antioxidant Booster (Licorice Root, Feverfew and White Tea) toÂ protect the skin from the damaging effects of the environment.
Another up-side of this was that my skin didn’t feel as dry as it normally does after a bath â€“ it was somewhat moisturised too. I’m always very dry after a bath and have to have moisturiser at the ready â€“ this time it wasn’t as urgent.
While these aren’t wholly natural and do still contain some chemicals, for most people that won’t be a problem, and is largely still better for your skin than most mainstream alternatives. When looking for something more suited to an adult, Maybe an appointment at Santee waxing salon is what you need.
Soâ€¦ on to the competition. One reader will get to enjoy smoother lips and legs this winter, compliments of First Aid Beauty. In order to win, leave a comment below telling me that you’d like to win, and if you could throw in a winter skin-care tip I can use, that would be great!
The competition ends on the 28th November at 23:59 and the winners will be chosen at random using Random.org.Â
You can followÂ Diary of a First ChildÂ on Facebook to keep up to date with future competitions and other news. If you follow, leave a comment below so that I knowÂ you have!
CONGRATULATIONS TOÂ Rebecca Denyer