2. A walk in the nature reserve to clear our heads – yet another moment that makes us cry. Mom would have loved the nature reserve.
3. A wine tasting at Denbies Wine Estate. We went for the tour, but they were closed for the day, so we just had lunch and a bit of a taster. Disappointing, but another time, I guess.
4. A beautiful bunch of lillies – my mom’ s favourite – randomly chosen by a friend’s little girl.
5. Going through some boxes after the Christmas eve flooding in our garage, I found this card my mom wrote for my 16th birthday.
6. Reading the story “Mine” about sharing and taking turns, so Oupa joined us for a tea party.
7. Needing to warm our spirits and our bodies, we went to the indoor Living Rainforest for a peaceful afternoon.
8. Our grief seems sort of on hold, right now, during a long wait for the funeral (just over two weeks, in all). Children still need to be kept busy, they still need to be entertained, and given fun opportunities. When a friend invited us to a brilliant indoor play facility, we joined them. The children had a ball. We got home to find the lillies had begun to open. This made my day.
We are taking (at least) a photo a day, a collage or a picture each week to keep a record of our year. Join us at any point during the year and start sharing your own daily photos!
Click Get the code here below to add the blog hop to your blog and join the fun. (Also sign up to be added to a comment group!)