I love these super simple chocolate spoons. They are a lovely final ‘ooohhh’ at the table after a dinner party, and make a luxurious hot chocolate when added to hot milk. You can also melt the chocolate and pour in to molds with a swivel stick in the centre if you have suitable supplies.
85 grams semisweet chocolate pieces
45 grams white baking bar
10 – 12 plastic spoons
1.Â Melt the chocolate over low heat and remove.
2.Â Stir until smooth
3. Dip the spoons into the chocolate and place on waxed paper
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set
5. Melt the white chocolate over low heat and remove.
6. Use a piping bag or a spoon and drizzle the white chocolate over the milk or dark chocolate
7. Serve with coffee after a meal, or my favourite, serve with a small cup of hot milk for a hot chocolate with a difference.
If you decide to make these, take a photograph and email me at diaryofafirstchild at gmail dot com and I will add it here. Alternatively leave a link to where you’ve uploaded it!
Andrea from Life as I Know It has sent me this picture of her son Neil, having a bad day but still making chocolate spoons. I know – I didn’t think the words bad day and chocolate could go in the same sentence.Â Boys, huh?