The week ahead is National Breastfeeding Awareness Week.
If breastfeeding isn’t something that interests you, you might find the week a little overwhelming. I apologise for that in advance. Don’t worry, next week will be here before you know it.
Here are links to a few articles I’ve written about breastfeeding in the past:
- For the Love of Breasts
- Lactation Cookies â€“ Biscuits that improve your breast milk supply
- It Would Have Been Nice to Know – A few things that would have been useful to know before starting breastfeeding.
- Five Great Things About Breast Milk – Five little known facts about breastfeeding.
- Mother’s Milk Tea
- Comebacks for Breastfeeding Comments – Things you could say if people criticize you for breastfeeding.
- Nursing in Public – A look at whether we even need to call it ‘nursing in public’ or if it’s just nursing.
- Nursing in Public Outrage, and why it matters
- Breastfeeding in Public: Through Daddy’s Eyes – dad’s take on nursing in public
- Rebirthing: For Emotional Healing after a Traumatic Birth and Reintroducing Breastfeeding
- Breast Milk Production – how is breast milk made?
- What is Breastfeeding Let-Down and How Does It Work
- Misleading, Inaccurate Headlines Harm Babies Too – a rebuttal of the ludicrous media reports in January with regards to breastfeeding
- Co-Sleeping and Breastfeeding – the benefits of the two together
- Do Breastfed Babies/Toddlers neet to brush their teeth?
- Attachment Parenting in Nature – pictures of breastfeeding and baby wearing in nature
- Breastfeeding and Race: A take on the dire state of breastfeeding in South Africa.
- Lactivistm, Breast Feeding, Bottle Feeding, Formula And Mothers At War – a look at the war on mothers in the form of the ‘mummy wars’.
- Confessions of an Extended Breastfeeder – where I realise that 20 months of nursing my baby makes me an ‘extended breastfeeder’.
- The Problem with Principles – Why I boycott Nestle.
Giveaways relating to breastfeeding this week, are:
- Monday: Mamascarf Breastfeeding Cover – for those mothers who choose to cover up
- Tuesday: BabyBeads Breastfeeding Necklace And Bracelet Giveaway – a reminder bracelet for the early days of breastfeeding and a necklace to keep baby’s hands free later.
- Wednesday: 2x Theraline Nursing and Maternity Pillows – for physical support during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Thursday: Lactivist.net T-shirt and Shopping Bag – wear your breastfeeding colours with pride
- Friday:Â Bras4Mums Â£30 Voucher – to spend in their online store on any of the beautiful lingerie
- Saturday: Nursing Bra from Emma-Jane – a bra that stretches as your cupsize grows.
Other great NBAW bloggers and carnivals to check out:
- Lactivist.Net â€“ plenty of giveaways and breastfeeding information
- If you have something you’d like me to add here, please leave a comment below, or email me.
- Whatever you do, please sign the petition to reunite Habiba and Alma.
What’s In Store For National Breastfeeding Awareness Week
Awesome, and really looking forward to those giveaways! Your blog is one of my favorites.
@Janine @ Alternative Housewife, Aw. That’s so sweet of you. Thank you 🙂