I, along with much of the rest of the world, went to see the new Beauty and the Beast starring Emma Watson on the weekend and I absolutely loved it. I found myself smiling through most of the movie – right up to the mass of villagers and their pitchforks descended on the castle, anyway.
While I think Luke Evans plays dangerous vapid vanity with frighting acuity, Emma Watson absolutely stole the show, as I’m sure she was supposed to, being the lead actress and all. I could honestly not imagine a better actor for the role of Belle, a headstrong, before her time, literate girl from a French village (with an exquisite peasant wardrobe! I’d dress like that all the time, if I could!)
If an actress brings something of herself into a role, Emma Watson is the perfect person for this. Alone up there (if I recall) among the Disney films that look at love as more than a physical attraction based on a your place in society – a beautiful maiden in one or another form of distress, and a prince – and it’s one of the few that place the female lead in the heroine role, so there are many reasons to love this story, original or new.
Something I thoroughly appreciated in the new film, however, was how reminiscent, but better, it was of the original, with similar dream like sequences and choreographies. It harked back to the original so much, yet was so enhanced and just beautiful. Everything about it was beautiful. I walked out of the cinema thoroughly inspired.
I did also walk out thinking that this new adaptation of Beauty and the Beast was going to spark many a Beauty and the Beast birthday party with the crowd that may have outgrown the cartoon version some years before. I know if I was planning a party around now, I’d probably be planning Beauty and the Beast!
So here are some of the best party ideas I’ve found, but I expect there’ll be many new, fresh ideas coming out as the new Beauty and the Beast fanbase grows!
Top 10 Food Ideas
There are some incredible Beauty and the Beast Party Food ideas around, but I don’t know many mamas who have the time, skill or resource to go to the lengths some of the Pinterest mamas do, so here are some of my favourite, I-could-probably-do-that, Beauty and the Beast party food ideas.
- Apple Rose Tarts
- Lefou’s Brew from The Farm Girl Gabs
- Chip Rice Krispie Cakes from Sugar, Spice and Glitter
- Cogsworth Biscuits from Natural Beach Living
- Grey Stuff Oreo Mousse from For the Love of Food
- Cheesecake Shooters from Surviving A Teacher’s Salary
- Belle’s dress cookies from The Adorned Cook
- Rustic fruit, cheese and bread tray from Simple Details Blog
- Cheese Souffles from Pointless Meals
- Croque Monsieur Roll-Ups from Brit + Co
Top Party Game & Decor Ideas
- Decorate your own magic mirror from Mommy Scene
- Chip’s Bubbling Tea from Life is a Party
- Gaston’s Target Practice from Life is a Party
- Make a Teacup Bird Feeder from Life is a Party
- Fab and unique party activities here from Val Event Gal
- Print out a few copies of these Chip Tea Cups from Brit + Co
- Individual Table Decorations