I have no idea where this recipe originally came from, but I’ve had it and this picture saved on my computer for a long time. It is a really simple recipe, and kids especially love it. As does my jelly (jello in the States) loving father – in â€“ law. It always elicits a response and is a great conversation piece for the amount of effort involved.
Particularly good for spring barbecues or kids parties.
- 1 package Jelly (Gelatin Jello) any flavour
- Â½ cup warm water
- 12 large marshmallows
- Lightly spray an 8 or 9 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Mix gelatin and water in a microwavable bowl.
- Cook on high 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir to dissolve completely.
- Add marshmallows to gelatin.
- Microwave one minute or until marshmallows are almost melted.
- Stir until completely melted and mixture is smooth (creamy layer will float to top).
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate 45 minutes or until set.
- Loosen edges with knife dipped in warm water.
- Starting at one end, roll up tightly.
- With seam side down, cut into thickish slices.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Want to be featured here?
If you decide to make these, take a photograph and email it to me at diaryofafirstchild at gmail dot com and I will add it here. Alternatively leave a link to where you’ve uploaded it!
Kid Friendly Food – Jelly Pinwheels
OMG I love this idea!!!!!!!!
.-= write-brainedÂ´s last blog ..Who Iâ€™m voting for this coming May 10, 2010 Philippine presidency elections =-.
information that would have been useful yesterday!!! They look awesome, I’ll make them for Luke’s first instead! LOL!