Mothers are an incredibly powerful force, because not only do we do what we do, say what we say, and choose what we choose with the best interest of our babies in mind, but we also take all that passion and protectiveness with us wherever we go. We also arrive at parenthood with an incredible wealth of experience behind us. Whether straight from school, or as a professional turned stay at home mother, we each bring our history, our know-how, and our knowledge to the table.
Of course, in ‘the old days’ when we sat around village fires and shared our folklore and passed on the wisdom of our mothers and their mothers and their mother’s mothers, there was a lot more information on hand albeit not necessarily the best advice, it acted as guidance. While every second person on the bus and every friend that’s had a baby or knows someone who has and has endless anecdotes of advice for us, when it comes down to the real thing – when you’re left literally holding the baby – we often find ourselves alone.
So, I’d like to create a list of cloth nappy posts, for or against, pros and cons, reviews of different real nappies and so on that mothers can turn to without having to spend hours Googling. If you have a favourite cloth nappy post, a post that really changed your mind, helped you or educated you, or even one you don’t agree with, please add it to the linky below, and I’ll incorporate it into this post here.
Let’s bring back the village fire pit and help each other out.
- A bit of an advertorial, but this I’m a baby post has great statistics on the environmental cost of disposables.
- A guest post on Among The Mess, on why we chose reusables.
- A cynic goes cloth mad and busts the so much washing’ myth at The Bundle Jungle
- Dionna at Code Name Mama looks at the toxins in disposable nappies as one of the reasons they chose cloth.
Reviews of different nappies:
- Mama Poekie shares 10 ways to make cloth nappies save you even more money
- Lauren at HoboMama writes about how to use cloth without a washing machine at home
What are some of your best cloth nappy posts? Link them up here, and I’ll incorporate them above.