While I’m perfectly capable of creating my own worksheets and printable signs and labels for the girls, they are very time consuming, and I use printables from both free and paid sites a lot. For me it’s a matter of saving time, sometimes and spending time doing paid work, versus the amount of time the girls have to sit around doing not a lot because I am busy making worksheets.
It’s something I do like doing, when I have the time, but in a lot of cases it’s a matter of ‘why re-invent the wheel?’
One of the sites I use is TinyMe, who offer loads of seasonal and occasional printables. Here are a few we’ve used recently:
- We printed this booklet for father’s day. It would be lovely to do year after year and see how the responses change.
- There are activity sheets for keeping the kids busy over the summer.
- Free printable games for hosting your own sports day.
- Free ‘Get Up And Move’ Dice
- Free fancy dress printables – great for photo booth photos too!
- Free happy home printables, for organising family life – hahaha, I know
- We also adore this chore chart, though we don’t use it for chores, but for morning and evening routines. There’s a robot chore chart too.
- For summer time, there are also these beautiful scavenger hunt cards, (print them, laminate them, and use them again and again!)